Search This Blog

Thursday, February 16, 2012

White Collar: When you need to catch a rat, you need to think like a rat. When you need to prepare a meal, you need to think like a cook. When you need to catch a thief, you need to be the best thief.

This is the main idea around USA's show  "White Collar". When the world's best forger brokers a deal with the FBI to help catch criminals one question remains. Has he really changed?

Suave meets action in this series. Every episode has humor, action and a surprising twist along with an amazing intertwining connection to every other episode. You can watch them on their own to enjoy them, or you could watch them all to live them. And trust me, you'll want to do the latter.

Of all the shows I've seen and analyzed this one stands out because of the way it handles itself. Most shows have this "set up and film" mentality, however this one just feels like every scene and transition is planned perfectly. Where other shows want the scene changes to feel unnoticeable, this show wants you to notice them and say "that was cool". Every shot and angle makes you feel like you live in the suave world of the main character.

Speaking of characters, this is another reason I love this show. Now, be honest. You know in ever show you watch there's that moment where you look at one of the main characters and say "I hate that guy!" Because the writers overloaded him with too many flaws, or just wanted him to be jerky. In this show, you'll find yourself very hard pressed to find a character you can't say "I love this guy!" to. Everyone is developed, funny, and very much themselves.

Another thing that caught my eyes (or ears) is the fact that this show is rather clean. Now, there's the moment of "Arg! Why did that have to say that?" But of all the other shows I've watched, this one keeps the language to a minimum, and I hope for them to keep it that way.

Really, the only problem I can find in this show is the fact that they don't let those pesky details of reality really get in the way. If real FBI work will get in the way of something they want to show or do, they'll just ignore it. But my father is County Detective, so I'll probably pick up on it more than you will.

I hope you'll enjoy watching it if you end up coming across it on Netflix or TV. Because this show, is not one that you'll want to miss. I just hope that they don't try to crash it into the ground like so many other shows before it.

No comments:

Post a Comment